MES Program Eligibility
- All U.S. citizens, including residents of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories may apply;
- Applicants must be rising sophomores, juniors and seniors attending an accredited Minority Institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and be a member of an underrepresented group including ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities;
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in STEM-related fields (i.e., chemistry, computer science, environmental science, biology), business administration, political science, or public administration;
- The ideal applicants will be interested in environmental studies, environmental monitoring, environmental remediation, and/or environmental advocacy; and
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 on a 4.00 grading scale (B average and above) is required.
MES Online Application Open!
The MES Program consists of a 10 - week paid summer internship at one of several participating Department of Energy sites.
Join Pre-College University
If you are prepared to become a part of our Virtual Preparatory Academy and take advantage of all that Pre-College University has to offer, join now by providing your full name and email address.